Sunday, January 9, 2011

Up and Running

Well, I feel good.  Three days without chewing gum or any added sugar and I feel like I can accomplish just about anything.  I mean, that's partly true.

I have a mild headache and I'm still pretty irritable.  It feels like all the toxins that were stored in the far recesses of my body are finally finding their way out.  It doesn't feel great.  I know that irritability, headaches and flu-like symptoms are all side effects.  When you give your digestive system a vacation from processed foods and sugar, it's able to really clean out the system.  I already feel lighter and cleaner.

I'm hoping my edginess dissipates over the next week or so. 
This pattern of eating is such great practice for disipline.  It's necessary for me to set boundaries for myself. It's working!  And it's really not about restriction at all.  It's about mindfullness and self nurturing and giving myself what it needs.  So often I feed a hunger that has nothing to do with need of food.

I'm eager to continue.  It's certainly empowering in other areas.
Miss the mangoes though.  And here's Matt with a thought or two...

Day three hasn't been nearly as bad as day 1 & 2...And the positive flow is remarkable.  I'm kind of a low-will-power person and I can't see any reason not to do this and see it through.  I feel better and the person I see in the mirror is --pick a cliche-- more alive...

Nicole does a wonderful job making sure this process is fun and full of good food.  I couldn't do this without her dedication.  I'm too fearful to start, too lazy to cook all that she does and too wishy-washy to push it through, but with her, it's easy to have a partner in this silly game.

At least the caffine/sugar-withdrawl headaches are receeding...but seriously, I'd quit tobacco everyday over the withdrawl from caffine and sugar and whatever else, my body is screaming out for...

Goodnight Moon!

1 comment:

  1. matt seriously cracks me up every post!! i'm somewhere between the two of you so i totally get what you're both saying/feeling. WAY TO GO DUDES!!! and nicole you are made of STEEL!! loves it!!! love you guys!! xoxo onward, ever onward!!!

    ReplyDelete