Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Embracing Humanness

So tomorrow marks the two-week mark of our friendly "detox."  What a great experence!

Matt and I both have battled serious sugar cravings the last three nights...I'm not sure if it's from habit or circumstance or whatever.  So last night we gave in...we both had a bowl of sorbet.  I've also had a few handfuls of dried cranberries the last couple nights too....not your usual sugar addictive food, I know, but hey this is full disclosure!

The real challenge now comes in moving forward.  I still haven't chewed any gum and I am of the new opinion that gum is just a habit that I don't really need anymore.  I also think that coffee is one thing I can have only every so often....well, we'll see.  I am notorious for thinking I can add something back "occasionally" and then "occasionally" becomes "more frequently" and so on and so forth.

I did feel a little guilty last night...not so much about the content of the food but more so about caving in to the habit of eating before bedtime.  Well, today I'll choose to celebrate my progress and not my perfection!

I am so grateful for my understanding and appreciation of good, nurturing food and what a difference it makes in my life.  Also, how damaging sugar really is and feeling the difference without it.

Moving forward!

1 comment: