Monday, March 17, 2008

The sun is shining!

What is it about the sun that makes the day so much better? Doesn't it seem like everything's a little easier when the sun is shining?

I am thrilled because today will be the first time in a long time that I will take my son for a long run. I've been running on a treadmill since November and can't wait to get outiside! My son loves the fresh air and the view...we run from Milvale along the river all the way to the stadium. It's so scenic and wonderful...for those of you familiar with Pittsburgh!

I run a little harder when he's with me because I don't want him to see mummy getting passed by anyone! And also because for those of you who have never run behind a jogging stroller, it's hard work let me tell you! I'm amazed how quickly my running ease returned after many a day running behind that thing. Running alone has never been easier!

I love being outside and can't wait to get out there more!

2 comments:

  1. I will be smoke free for 1 year tomorrow April 1st. Are there and sugesstion on how I can get a little healither with my eating now? I's like to get in a little better shape for when I open my pool soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's so awesome! I'd start by making sure you eat regularly every two to three hours, starting with breakfast. Eat between 200-300 calories at each meal and make sure you;re eating fruits or vegetables at each meal along with a little protein and healthy fat (nuts, avacado, etc.). Eliminate extra calories by using healthy condiments, not drinking soda or even juice. Snack on healthy items like light popcorn, wheat pita chips, trail mix, etc. Just a few starter suggestions...I'm ready for that pool too!

    ReplyDelete