Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cheers to Spring!

Greetings, fitness fans! I am ready for spring! Infact, I can't wait for the weather to warm up and the snow to stop and the sun to shine! It's March and even though it's raining and the sky is still pretty dark, I am feeding a postive attitude with the anticipation of spring.

I was walking to work early yesterday morning and I could hear "spring" in the air. I could hear birds that I haven't heard since last year and I could see specks of light in the sky, thanks to Daylight Savings. If I can just focus on the fact that warmer, more pleasant weather is coming, then it makes the current drab and little more manageable. Nasty weather is inevitable and temporary.

Everything in life is like this. Sometimes the process (of whatever) can be alot of hard work and very uncomfortable, but if we focus on the end result and visualize our goal, it makes the process a little easier. I'm reminded of a favorite quote that says, "Obstacles are those things we see when we take our mind off our goals."

We can achieve anything, one step at a time. Start small and think big! I'm eager for spring because warmer weather affords more options. I can't wait to take my son to the playground, to the zoo, anywhere outside. I can't wait to take him running all over the place because we both love that! But until then, I'm going to enjoy this day as much as I can. I hope you all do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment